Eat the Week with Iceland – Sporty Episode – Pancake Recipe
This weekend’s brunch is inspired by Chanel 4’s Eat the Week with Iceland. Each week there is a new episode that showcases recipe ideas for busy families. TV chef Simon Rimmer and Iceland’s frozen food experts are sharing their knowledge and teaching us the power of frozen!
I have a draw full of berries and veggies in our freezer, it’s great for making smoothies and soups. Using the freezer means that our family wastes less food and it’s also a great way to enjoy foods that are out of season. For example, I love asparagus, it’s a spring vegetable but you can get frozen veggies all year round and they’re still packed full of goodness. Winner!
Here is the pancake recipe from this Sunday’s episode. (You can view all of Episode 3’s full recipes here.)
When I first saw this recipe, I wasn’t sure if I would like the basil dressing. Basil and berries isn’t a flavour combo that I’ve ever tried before but it’s actually SO TASTY! I’m definitely going to be making it again. Ever Jude gave it a thumbs up.
200g buckwheat flour
50g caster sugar
5g bicarbonate of soda
50ml melted butter
50g cottage cheese
Basil Vanilla syrup
150g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod – seeds removed
1 bunch basil
Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
20g coconut flakes
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries and cottage cheese.
- Heat a pan, drizzle a little oil and drop large spoonful of batter into the pan (you want them about 100mm wide)
- Cook for 2-3 mins minutes on each side.
- Basil Vanilla Syrup – in a pan, heat the sugar, water and vanilla seeds until dissolved and boil until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Pour the cool syrup into a jug blender and ass in the basil leaves.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place the fruits into a bowl and pour over the basil syrup. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve the pancakes with the basil syrup infused fruit with Greek Yoghurt and honey and coconut flakes.
Check out #PowerOf Frozen and #EattheWeek on Instagram and Twitter to see more recipes from the show. You can catch the next episode on Sunday 4th June at 12.30pm on Channel.
This is a sponsored post for Eat the Week with Iceland.
Those look great! Never tried cottage cheese on pancakes or made a basil dressing- will try both! xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me neither, but they tasted great! Especially the basil dressing Xx